At Smile Koomba, we are committed to improving the dental health and overall wellbeing of Western Australians through providing quality denture services.
While we wish we could extend our services to everyone, it is essential to focus our efforts on the most vulnerable and those facing the highest health risks.
Each application will be prioritised according to a points-based system, depending on the eligibility criteria outlined and the supporting documents provided.
In line with the WA Government’s ‘Priority Populations’, we prioritise the following groups:
- those living in low socioeconomic circumstances
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people
- people with mental illness
- people with disabilities
- carers of people with sickness and disability
- populations living in rural and remote areas (WA only)
- some Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) populations
To be considered for Smile Koomba’s services, applicants must be at least 18 years old, and belong to at least one of the priority populations listed above or be referred by a case manager or GP.
Patients who have already had their teeth extracted and can provide a recent x-ray will be fast tracked.
To verify your eligibility, relevant supporting documents will be required and are detailed below. Please have these documents ready when you start your application.